Terms & Conditions
AWS EMERGING TALENT COMMUNITY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated: December 22, 2022
These terms and conditions (these “Terms”) govern your participation in the AWS Emerging Talent Community (the “Community”) and are an agreement between you and Amazon Web Services, Inc. (“AWSI,” “we,” or “us”). You represent to us that you are authorized to enter into these Terms.
- Eligibility for Community. To participate in the Community, you must be 18 years of age or older and have either (i) earned a digital badge from one or more of the following programs: AWS Academy, AWS Educate, or AWS re/Start, or (ii) satisfied the requirements for an alternative AWS-approved entry pathway, which are listed at https://aws-emergingtalent.influitive.com/forum/t/what-is-the-emerging-talent-community/684.
- Your Posts. You are responsible for the content that you post in the Community (“Your Posts”), including ensuring Your Posts do not violate these Terms or any applicable law. AWSI may monitor or remove Your Posts for any reason, and we may terminate your access to the Community, including for any violation of these Terms. You should not share any confidential or sensitive information in the Community. You grant us, our affiliates, agents, employees, and assigns a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, and display Your Posts for any purpose relating to our business. We may use Your Posts alone or together with other information. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you waive any moral rights you may have in Your Posts. You represent and warrant that (a) Your Posts are true and accurate to the best of your knowledge, (b) you have the necessary rights and permissions to grant the license in this Section, and (c) Your Posts do not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
- AWS Code of Conduct. You will at all times comply with the AWS Code of Conduct in your participation in the Community.
- Informational Purposes Only. You are responsible for making your own independent assessment of the information available in the Community. Any content available in the Community, whether posted by AWSI or other users, (a) comprises suggestions and are for informational purposes only, (b) may relate to current AWSI services, offerings, and practices, which are subject to change, and (c) does not create any warranties, representations, commitments, conditions, or assurances from AWSI. AWSI takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any information available in the Community.
- Updates. AWSI may modify these Terms at any time by posting a revised version at https://aws-emergingtalent.influitive.com/terms_and_conditions. The modified terms will be effective upon posting. By continuing to use the Community after the date of any modifications to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the modified terms. It is your responsibility to check these Terms regularly for modifications. We last modified these Terms on the date listed at the beginning of these Terms.
- Release of Claims. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you (for yourself, your heirs, dependents, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf or as a result of your death or injury) hereby release AWSI and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Community.
- Limitations of Liability. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, FOR (A) INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR (B) LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, CUSTOMERS, OPPORTUNITIES, OR GOODWILL. IN ANY CASE, OUR AND OUR AFFILIATES’ AND LICENSORS’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS WILL NOT EXCEED USD $100. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY ONLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Waiver. The failure by us to enforce any provision of these Terms will not constitute a present or future waiver of such provision nor limit our right to enforce such provision at a later time. All waivers by us must be in writing to be effective.
- Severability. If any portion of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. Any invalid or unenforceable portions will be interpreted to the effect and intent of the original portion. If such construction is not possible, the invalid or unenforceable portion will be severed from these Terms, but the rest will remain in full force and effect.
- No Assignment; No Third-Party Beneficiaries. You will not assign or otherwise transfer these Terms or any of your rights and obligations under these Terms, without our prior written consent. Any assignment or transfer in violation of this section will be void. We may assign these Terms without your consent (a) in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets or (b) to any affiliate or as part of a corporate reorganization; and effective upon such assignment, the assignee is deemed substituted for AWSI as a party to these Terms, and AWSI is fully released from all of its obligations and duties to perform under these Terms. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns. These Terms do not create any third-party beneficiary rights in any individual or entity that is not a party to these Terms.
- Governing Law. The laws of the State of Washington, without reference to conflict of law rules, govern these Terms and any dispute of any sort that might arise between the parties. The United Nations Convention for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms.
- Entire Agreement; English Language. These Terms are the entire agreement between you and us regarding the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms supersede all prior or contemporaneous representations, understandings, agreements, or communications between you and us, whether written or verbal, regarding the subject matter of these Terms. We will not be bound by, and specifically object to, any term, condition, or other provision that is different from or in addition to the provisions of these Terms (whether or not it would materially alter these Terms). If we provide a translation of the English version of these Terms, the English version of these Terms will control if there is any conflict.
COMMUNITY GUIDELINES (Updated February 12, 2023)
- Be kind, courteous and respectful in your interactions: Follow the AWS Code of Conduct
- When sharing your ideas and feedback in discussions or challenges, please be constructive and stay on-topic. See below for examples of guideline violations.
- Choose the most appropriate category for any new discussion topics you create.
- Have FUN, make some new friends, network, build confidence, and enjoy yourselves!
If you violate any community guideline, you will only have limited access to content and rewards for 30 days.
If you violate any community guidelines two times, you will be unable to access any challenges or rewards for 30 days.
If you violate any community guidelines three times, your account will be permanently locked and you will be unable to access the community.
Examples of Non-Constructive Responses that violate our Community Guidelines:
Submitting a non-constructive discussion reply. Examples of this action include:
- Single word replies
- Low effort replies like “I think the same” or “I agree with ___”
Submitting responses to a challenge that show no/little effort given. For example:
- Typing single letters or words to bypass required questions
- Submitting incorrect/irrelevant files for approval
Rules and Restrictions
Certain violations are more serious and will result in immediate action without warning. If any of the below Rules and Restrictions are violated, your account will be locked and your access to the community will be revoked.
- Plagiarism - Do not plagiarize. This includes copying someone else’s post, reply, or challenge response. This also includes copying material from an external source such as a website, or blog post.
- Duplicate community accounts - You may only have one community account per person, regardless of multiple course completions or Credly badges under multiple email addresses. If duplicate accounts are found by administrators, all accounts will be locked for violating the rules.
- Non-original images - For any challenges requiring visual proof of completion (i.e. screen shot of exam completions, etc.), you may use only your own original images. You may not use altered images or someone else’s images.
- Toxicity - Any toxic behavior or language directed toward admin or other community members will not be tolerated.
- Fraudulent or harmful activity - Any other activity deemed by the admin that is suspected to be fraudulent, or harmful to the intent of the community is not permitted.
We’re Here to Help
If you ever need to reach the AWS Emerging Talent Community admin team, please click “Get Support” from the main navigation bar to submit a support case or click here.
Thank you for being a part of this community.